Thursday, October 6, 2011

Social Media Test

For this weeks blog, I looked at the North Vancouver Recreation Commission. I chose this company because they are all about active living. The compoenent of the social media campaign that I will look at is their Facebook page. I picked this component because I have never looked at it before and I thought it would be neat to use something that I have no previous opinion on. From what I can see, there is not a lot of interaction going on between the NVRC and between its followers. If I were to be in charge of this page I would try to increase the amount of communication that goes on.

The test:

I would look at how many followers the NVRC has and compare it to how many posts/likes take place each day. I would divide up the interactions into:
  • Likes
  • Answers- posts that people have put up responding to a question asked by the NVRC
  • Questions- posts that people put up asking the NVRC about programs etc
I would then look at what type of content generates conversation not only between followers and the NVRC but between followers themselves. In order to determine what creates the most conversation I would code each post. From that data I would be able to figure out what is needed to facilitate conversations on the NVRC Facebook page.

North Van Rec Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/northvanrec?sk=notes#!/northvanrec?sk=wall

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas to test the qualitative components of what people normally analyze as quantitative facts(ex. number of interactions, likes, etc). I might suggest also adding shares to your list of interactions that you analyze. It would be interesting to look at how shares create and continue the conversations on others' pages!

    ReplyDelete